Your privacy is very important to us!
This is the legally required privacy statement of ISA Academy®, in this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to isaacademy.com.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy regarding all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (‘personal information’) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, ‘process’ means collect, store, transfer, use, or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only option is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with laws accordingly implemented, including that required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
- Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
To carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products or services to you
- provide you with our online services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services, and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor our performance concerning a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, job opportunities, products, and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us to do so. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
- Information we process for legitimate interests
We may process the information on the basis that there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, in doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, we may process your data on this basis for:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
SPECIFIC USES OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message on our forum
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement, or thanks.
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion, we may agree to your request to delete the personal information that you have posted.
- Complaints regarding content on our website
We attempt to moderate user-generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
- Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
- Contacting our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website, or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name and email address to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter of our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
It allows us to recognize visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and the terms of our relationship.
We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalized experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in to our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
- Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up of your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
- Third party advertising on our website
Third parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents, or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
- Access to your personal information
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
- Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
- Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
- Use of site by children
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
We collect data about all users and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
- Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust marks in your browsers URL bar or toolbar.
- How you can file a complaint
If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to comply with other laws, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- to support a claim or defense in court.
- Compliance with the law
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary.
The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.